YAE! is a programme offered to young artists to equip them with knowledge and skills to succeed in business.
By deepening their understanding on various aspects of art as a business, participants will be better able to build a desired career based on their ability, skill and talent.
The programme will also nurture participants in building their own business through “hands-on” learning experience within a well structured environment.
- To provide young artists with skills in entrepreneurship.
- To expose the young artists to opportunities available in the art industry through hands-on experience by learning under the tutelage of masters in the field.
- To offer the young artists with an opportunity to explore alternative sources of income as exemplified by successful artists and by capitalising on their passion for art and knowledge of entrepreneurship.
- To enhance the level of creativity among participants to help them produce more engaging and relevant art work.
YAE! comprises of two components which are entrepreneurship courses and artist studio residency.
Participants have the opportunity to explore and learn new ideas in building a competitive business model with the assistance of experienced coaches and mentors to enhance their skills in art and do business.
Participants will be placed in studio rooms at the Art Depot Container at the National Art Gallery, for 6 months, to ensure that entrepreneurs will be able to produce artworks with adequate knowledge for commercialisation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applicants must be Malaysian Citizen and aged between 18-35 years.
Applicants are not bound by any form of contract (employment, scholarship).
Applicants must have produced at least 5 artworks for the past 2 years and have not been involved in any of the entrepreneurship programme organised by the Government.
Ready to commit in the full-time programme.
The applicant must send the completed entry form with the Portfolio and CV containing educational background, work experience (if any), and any involvement in art activities.
Each application must include the of artworks as reference. The attachment should be in a ‘Hi-Res’ (300dpi) PDF or JPEG format, complete with details of the artwork.
Application must be sent on or before 31st October 2017 to the following address:
Young Art Entrepreneurs
National Art Gallery,
No 2, Jalan Temerloh, off Jalan Tun Razak,
53200 Kuala Lumpur
or email to email@example.com
- Application: 25th September 2017 to 31st October 2017
- Interview: November 2017
- Admission to the studio: February 2018
- Programme duration: February 2018 to July 2018
For more information, contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-4026 7178.
or fill it online at: